7 Web Design Trends for 2022
Happy New Year!
A fresh new year and a fresh new start with new trends – have you thought about how you’re going to give your business a boost in 2022?
Your online presence is intrinsic to your business success and visibility, whether you’re an international enterprise and a global brand or a local sole trader. No matter how large or small or simple or complex your website is (and needs to be), an appealing, optimized website is the key to your authenticity and your appeal.
Is your website up to the task?
Do you need a few small tweaks? Or a completely new site?
Trends come and go, including in web design, and web developers and designers need to respond to issues from privacy and online safety to economic recovery and effective branding. An updated, modern approach to the design and operation of your website will be critical for engagement.
What’s Trending in Web Design for 2022?
Some key factors in modern web design for 2022 include:
- Mobile optimization
7 top trends to watch include:
- Mobile Responsiveness – more and more people are accessing the internet via their mobile devices. You must deliver a comparable experience on your website whether people access it via desktop, smartphone, or tablet. This means that your website MUST be optimized for a comprehensive range of mobile devices across both Android and iOS platforms.
- Simplicity – several years ago, trending websites were quite visually busy – but those days are over. Simplicity will reign supreme in the coming years.
Some businesses require sites with several pages, while others can achieve a very effective online presence with, for example, just a Home page, Services page, and a Contact page. Regardless of how large or small your site is, keeping it clean and fresh is key.
While quality textual content is essential for SEO results (i.e high search engine results pages ranks) and to deliver the information your audience seeks (and a site with no text will simply not rank, no matter how beautiful it looks), overall page design will strive to deliver clear calls to action, vivid imagery, visual appeal, and simplified messaging with easy navigation that compels audiences to stay and explore the site to learn more – as opposed to being overwhelmed with too much information from the outset. From your colour scheme to your graphics and navigation, keep it simple.
- Page Speed – a slow website is severely detrimental to your business. People have limited attention spans when scrolling online, and if your pages don’t load perfectly within 3 seconds, users will simply move on. Slow speeds risk your search engine ranks, traffic levels, and conversion rates. Page speed must be optimized whether you are building a new website, launching an update, or adding new pages.
- Images – as mentioned above, having high-quality written content is essential for your website, but don’t forget your graphics! The right high-quality images, illustrations, and other graphics enhance the user experience, showcase your offering, and help make your site unique.
- Social Integration – engage your audience and connect by integrating your chosen social media channels with your website. Include link buttons to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok or LinkedIn as appropriate and run social campaigns to attract and encourage leads and customers to become active on your socials and your website.
- Positivity – generating goodwill and positive mindsets is very powerful, and this is the type of user experience successful websites will strive to do, especially as we recover from the pandemic and move onwards and upwards in 2022 and the coming years. Building positive relationships with your customers and audience is the key to customer satisfaction and loyalty – and your website can be an effective, persuasive way to achieve this.
- Detailed Page Footers – to maintain a clean and concise-looking page, web developers and designers are favouring the below-the-fold website footer to enhance site navigation and showcase all of the elements of a site. In the past, footers only included contact information and subscriptions; now everything from social buttons to blog links and complete sitemap access is available in the footer – and this improves the user experience.
Need Help? Call SEOcycle.
SEOcycle is a leading provider of affordable web design and web development. Based in Sydney’s northwest, we work with clients all over Australia and internationally, particularly in New Zealand, North America and the UK. As an expert SEO provider, we are uniquely positioned to deliver high-quality websites that are designed and developed from the outset with SEO principles in mind – so that if (or when) you decide to embark on an SEO campaign, your site is already optimized in terms of its functionality, navigation, and more.
Check out some examples of our work at the bottom of this page.
Contact us today to have a chat about how we can help you realise your vision and goals for your online presence in 2022 and beyond.